With your high interest on my previous article When a stomp loves a processor(Part-1) ,I am giving you the part-2 Answering the following queries you had multiple times:
- My multi fx processor does not have the “send return” options, what to do?
Help! No Send Return!
Well, many of the digital multi fx does not have this function, in case of that, you can really do the following,we are taking an example of the Line-6 Pod HD 300 or you can even do it with with the Pod HD 500 if you do not want to use the SEND RETURN at all! In this method, we will take advantage of simply our INPUT jack of the processor.But the patching hookup process and the settings of your specific tone storage in the processor will be a bit different.Let us take a distortion or overdrive pedal for example,Here is how:
- Suppose you have an Electro Harmonix Metal muff,the connection chain will be – Guitar>Ehx Metal Muff>Pod HD
- You can use all the fx in your multi Fx you want, but you really have to use a clean channel amp model.
- The only difference is you have to turn of or on your Distortion Pedal this way when you needed, you know the real way!
- You can do more experiments, like – Wah Wah>Metal Muff>POD HD etc
Easy right? Try experiment with different settings, and find out yours!
Things to note
- You do not want to use your distortion pedal with the processors built in distortion pedals, because it will mess it up!
- You do not want to use another Wah or another chorus inside the processor if you have one outside-Mess up!
- You do not want to use your processor’s noise gate if you want to use a reverb outside of the processor, why?That is a different article!
Well, there is no conclusion really, patchings are really an endless experiment, but the methods I mentioned are standard and applicable easily for all the multi Fx in the world,I HOPE! Feel free to leave your questions in the Comments section below 🙂
by Sazzad Arefeen
- When a stomp loves a processor(Guide/Part-1)
- “Are you deaf?”-Patch Volumes and Tones(Part-2)
- Pedal Board & Amp Signal Chains(Part-1)
- Stomps To Rock(Part-1):What Pedals Should I buy?
- Artist Gears:Kazi Faisal Ahmed