Starter Guide-Fix Your Barre Chords
Barre chords are truly the struggling part of being a new learner,we all struggle at some extent, more or less. But there are a few problems and easier tips which will make sound right faster.
Common problems to face on the start of doing barre chords:
- No strings might sound,or few will sound.
- Too much stress on your hand might cause pain.
- Too much mental stress you just quit trying it.
- You think you have small fingers, trust me, it is not about the size, it is all about flexibility.
Tips to fix them:
- Keep your index finger straight, try not to bend it.
- Do not pressurize it too much.
- Barre chords are all about a sweet point to hold it. stay in side the frets,not straight over the fret steels.
- Try playing/picking single strings first,then increase by 1.Example: 1st, 2nd , 1st+2nd, 1st+2nd+3rd and so on.
- When 2 strings sound right together, you are doing it right,repeat is 50 times.
- If you are having pain,have a break.
- Hold your patience and keep trying. because once you learn it,you cannot make it wrong!
Hope that helps, if you have questions, just comment below.
- CHAPTER-3.2: BARRE CHORDS AND RHYTHMS
- CHAPTER-3.1: BASIC CHORDS & RHYTHMS
- I Cannot make my Guitar Tone
- Chapter-10.2: 7th Chords
- When to change your Guitar Strings?